We call it payload parachute or weather balloon parachute, which is a mini version, can protect the payload from damage after balloon burst and drop down to the earth. The parachute is made by our family, 3 color pink blue red for choosing currently, we choose POLY TAFFETA as fabric and KEVLAR 15003/D for ropes, more details how to make please see our blog:
• Parachute fabric: POLY TAFFETA
• Diameter: 36''
• Parachute rope: KEVLAR 1500D/3
• Weight: 55~65g
• Balancer weight: 18~20g
How to use:
Tie parachute to a balloon
• There are two ways to tie the parachute, first one is from the top and second one if from bottom.
• Tie from the top, if you don’t have an automatic cut device to cut upper rope of the parachute, it is under risk that balloon rope and wreckage will give a force when fall down in theory.
• Tie from the bottom, it will give a pull force when the balloon is rising.
All the leaves of parachute need to be settled outside, and be sure rub the cloth get many “wrinkle” on it, it is easy to “blossom” after balloon burst.
|36||55~65||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|37||55~65||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|38||60~70||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|39||65~75||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|40||70~80||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|41||75~85||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|42||80~90||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|
|43||85~95||POLY TAFFETA||KEVLAR 1500D/3||18~20|